Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Thank You Postal Carriers!

When Art 'n Soul was about to close, I wanted to make a few Thank You cards for some people who had helped us out; not only helped during the closing, but all along the way. One of those people was our Postal Carrier. She always had a smile and a kind word for us. When she was not working, our mail was often delayed past closing time. She was genuinely sorry when she heard we were to close.


There was absolutely no stamping on this card. I took a piece of Yupo paper and covered it with alcohol inks in Fall colors.

I die-cut the Yupo paper with the Poppy 1858 Brilliant Leaf Border die. This die cuts out a border of leaves, but also cuts out an outline. I cut it out at the top and bottom of the Yupo, but also cut it out of Curious Metallics Super Gold cardstock twice to create the gold outline that I used. I pieced the Yupo leaves into the outline borders, and pieced the Yupo background between the top and bottom border.

At first I cut the "thank you" sentiment out of the gold cardstock also, but it was completely lost in the busy alcohol ink background. I cut it out again out of Curious Metallics White Gold cardstock and stuck it down in the center of the card, right over the gold sentiment. That gave it some dimension and you can also see it much better.

I mounted the panel onto a base card of 100# Neenah solar white cardstock, sized at 5.5" x 4.25", and I applied some Nuvo Seashell Ivory drops.

I saved the leaf outlines that I cut from the Yupo paper, and also the gold leaves that were cut out when I made the gold leaf outlines above. I will share the card that I made with those in a post very soon.


Materials used:
Poppy 1858 Brilliant Leaf Border die
Poppy 1796 Thank You Streamer die
Ranger Yupo paper
Alcohol inks: Sunset Orange, Terra Cotta, Sunshine Yellow,
Raspberry, Flamingo, Botanical, Gold Mixative
Curious Metallics Super Gold cardstock
Curious Metallics White Gold cardstock
Nuvo Ivory Seashell drops

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne