Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Make Your Own Pearly Sprays

In conjunction with our email newsletter at Art 'n Soul this week, this is the newest Technique of the Week.  You can make your own pearly, shimmery sprays easily using re-inker, water and Perfect Pearls powder.


Here are the items I assembled for making my pearly sprays.  I selected Distress re-inkers in Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, and Mustard Seed.  The Perfect Pearls powder I used is Pearl, but Confetti White is a new favorite as well.


Just add one dropper full of re-inker to each mini-mister bottle.  


Add water, but don't fill it up all the way.  You will need room at the top when you shake your product up to mix it well.


I use the wooden end of a paintbrush to scoop out the powder.  I usually put 3 of these tiny scoops of powder into a mini-mister bottle (as opposed to a 2 oz bottle, into which I mix 1/4 tsp of powder).


You don't want to use too much powder, because the mica can clog your sprayer


Once the powder has been added, shake your bottle well.


I like to add a pearl to the top of my pearly water bottles, so I use Copic markers to color white pearls to match the spray as closely as possible, and then attach them to the top of the spray cap.



Don't look too closely, I may have..um..sprayed my finger



Here's the card I made with my new sprays.  I wish you could see how beautifully shimmery this is in real life.  I used a Magenta template and stamp.  Once the sprays were made, the card literally took minutes to make; and you could use a card like this for lots of occasions.  I applied Stickles to the centers of the flowers, and sprinkled a few enamel dots.

Items used:
Magenta MC01 Blossoms Mask
Magenta Stamp 07.846.G Your Life is a Canvas
Distress reinkers:  Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed
Perfect Pearls Pearl
Ranger mini-misters
Stickles-Mermaid
Pearl embellishments
Copic Markers BG09, RV09, Y19
Enamel Dots from My Mind's Eye Market Street "Ashbury Heights"
Tim Holtz Watercolor paper
So Silk Beauty Pink paper

2 comments:

  1. Great flower card! I read somewhere that you should use distilled water for sprays as regular tap water could muck up the sprayer. From Laura P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting Laura! Thanks for sharing that tip. I've never had a problem with this, but I know people who have. I'll definitely start recommending the use of distilled water.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne