Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thanks for Everything!


I've been having a lot of fun with watercolor techniques, and stencils are a natural for that.  I love the Magenta Spring templates, and have used them quite a bit.  

For this project, I took a piece of watercolor paper, and taped it down with a piece of painter's tape across the middle of the card stock.  This gave me a place to add a sentiment later.  I taped the stencil down on top of the card stock, and applied Versamark ink through all the openings.  I removed the painter's tape, and applied JudiKins opaque white embossing powder to the Versamark and heat embossed.  I then applied Distress ink, using a mini blending tool, applying different colors randomly around the card.  I sprayed the watercolor paper liberally with water that had Perfect Pearls Pearl mixed into it.  I sprayed quite a bit of water, so that the colors moved and puddled.  The embossed areas resisted the color, and stayed white.  I like how the Distress colors stay pretty true and vibrant and don't turn to mud.


I stamped the Thanks sentiment in the center, and then decided that I wanted something more.  I ironed the card, placed between sheets of waxed paper, so that the shiny white embossing powder came completely off.  I then stamped the Script and Postmark stamp across the top and bottom in Versafine, Smokey Grey.  I added some pearls for bling.  I couldn't find a color of paper to mat it with that matched, so I colored the edges of some white paper with a Copic Marker.  I also colored some of the pearls with the Copic marker.  I love how this turned out; it's a fun and easy technique.

Stamps used:
07.837.H  Thanks for Everything
75.085.M  Script and Postmark
Template used:  TM-42  Berry Branch Template

Other products used:
Distress Ink:  Seedless Preserves; Peeled Paint; Spiced Marmalade 
Perfect Pearls - Pearl
Versamark Ink
JudiKins White Opaque embossing powder
Versafine Inks:  Onyx Black; Smokey Grey
Copic RV69 (For Mat)
Strathmore 140# Watercolor paper
Hero Arts Mixed Accents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne