Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Christmas Spirit

I have a new post on the Magenta Blog with some of my cards using one of my favorite Christmas stamps from Magenta, Christmas Spirit 07.777.G.  I can imagine so many different cards using this stamp, paired with the Memory Box jar dies; it's a perfect pairing.



Magenta stamps used:
07.777.G Christmas Spirit
42.171.J Christmas Ornaments
42.180.O Christmas Song 
Other:
Memory Box die 98382 Tall Canning Jar
Memento Ink:  Bamboo Leaves; Love Letter; Desert Sand

I inked up the ornament stamp with both Bamboo Leaves and Love Letter inks from Memento, and stamped it onto some patterned paper that had a little shading.  I also added the Christmas Song image, that I inked lightly.  I die cut the stamped image using the canning jar die.  On all three cards, I also die cut the jar in acetate to cover the image.  It's hard to see in the photos, but in real life, it's a fun look.  The jar lids were die cut from some scrap silver paper.




Magenta stamps used:
07.777.G Christmas Spirit
412.169.H Christmas Wishes Seal
Other:
Memory Box Die 98382 Tall Canning Jar
Memento Ink: Danube Blue
Stardream Fuse Vista paper
Waterfall Stickles
Embossing Folder:  Couture Creations Co723278 Powder Puff

On the card above, I used the Christmas Wishes Seal stamp, but it was a little big to fit in the jar, so I taped off part of it when inking.  It's such a pretty snowflake image, and this is a good way to get more use from your stamps!




Magenta stamps used:


 07.777.G Christmas Spirit
42.173.O Decorative Christmas Tree

Other:
Memory Box Die 98383 Small Canning Jar
Memory Box Die 98420 Magic Flourish
Distress Stains:  Mowed Lawn; Festive Berries
Memento Ink: Danube Blue
Stardream Fuse Fairway paper
Embossing Folder: Couture Creations Co723603 Sugarplum Ball

On this last card, I had stamped the Decorative Christmas Tree and embossed in gold, and tried applying Distress Stains to the image, using the splat technique.  I ended up not liking how that turned out, so I instead used that image to die cut the small canning jar.  I love how the gold flourish in the tree, and the red and green Distress Stain colors are perfect to show Christmas spirit.  I also used the rest of the tree image to die cut with the Magic Flourish die, showing Christmas Spirit swirling up out of the opened jar.  Fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne